Saturday, September 09, 2006

My Sumer Holiday- Part 1

A geisha with her client

Me, Mark and Katchan!!! Our last night of Japan revelry!!!!


The mega famous Golden Pavillion (Kinkakuji)


Kiyomizudera- really beautiful views over the city

Shame about the swarms of tourists!


Maiko- novice geisha

Inspired by the theme of seemingly every English Oral Communication class in Tokuyama I am going to write about my summer holiday...

Worried I was going to be incapacitated by boredom over the summer, I am relieved to say that all is well and the summer flew by.

First up; Kyoto and Nara. After a 6 hours bus journey from Tokuyama I spent 5 days in what has to be Japan's most beautiful and impressive city. The city itself looks rather generic but nestled among the grid of long, stretching roads is an abundance of amazing temples and castles. Many more than you can shake a stick at and indeed visit in 5 days.

By far my favourite place way Nara. The expansive park is home to wild roaming deer (actually quite annoying as they try to ingest anything on your person) and then there is the famous Todaji- Temple which is something like the biggest wooden building in the world. I just felt a real feeling of calm and space which is kind of rare in Japan!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home